Trustworthy, Reliable and Professional with the Personal Touch
Outsourced Charity Administration Services
We offer a full menu of professional-grade charity administration services. While running a charity has many activities in common with running any business, much of the administration requires specialist knowledge and skills.
The services we undertake on your behalf are provided onsite when required - for example, minute taking at board meetings. Most other support services happen remotely which can reduce your direct costs by containing office space and staff costs. Having worked in the third sector for many years, we understand the importance of keeping costs down and standards high. Taking advantage of these specialist skills will help improve efficiency in your behind the scenes activities. Activities like bookkeeping, Charity Commission compliance, accounting and Gift Aid.
When you decide to ask us to take on your bookkeeping, accountancy activities, along with advice and support in working with the Charity Commission and the HMRC your trustees or directors have more time to concentrate on developing the activities of the charity. The experience of our team in these activities means we complete tasks in less time than most charities can themselves.
ASL is proud of our service standards and our flexibility. We work hard to understand your needs and priorities and tailor our services accordingly.
Select from any combination of these charity administration services:
- Provide a full administration and secretarial service including day-to-day tasks, routine correspondence, telephone, and email handling.
- Record donations, send receipts and thank you letters to donors.
- Ensure you get the best returns from gift aid and VAT exemption.
- Check on your utilities and other expenditure to ensure you are getting the best deals.
- Provide financial administration including book-keeping, reconciliation, PAYE, expense claims, sending/receiving invoices.
- Provide an Independent Examination or Audit, dependent on your turnover.
- Organise your Trustee Meetings including agenda, minute taking, circulate documents, administer trustees leaving/joining.
- Provide in-depth analysis to inform Trustees Meetings.
- Arrange returns to the Charity Commission and write the Trustees Report.
- Manage the processing of Gift Aid.
- Manage fundraising mailouts and collate the results.
Should you require support in areas not mentioned here, the chances are we can do it. Feel free to ask.
- A full administration & secretarial service including day-to-day tasks, routine correspondence, telephone, and email handling.
- Monitor and respond to social media,
- Book hotels and meeting rooms,
- Manage delegates at small events, provide support materials, provide “meet and greet”. Manage the general running of the event. Collate and analyse feedback forms,
- Check utility bills and overhead expenditure to ensure the best value,
- Organise Board Meetings including agenda, minute taking, circulate documents,
- Provide in-depth analysis to inform Senior Management,
- Send mailshots and collate the results.
- Provide financial administration including book-keeping, reconciliation, PAYE, expense claims, sending/receiving invoices,
- Credit Control through to commencement of debt recovery proceedings,
- Maintain the Assets Register,
- Attend to banking requirements as needed.
- Arrange transfer of funds as needed.
- Provide sufficiently detailed income & expenditure records to Trial Balance to the accountants for the annual audit of the accounts.
- Provide reports for Trustees / Senior Management as required.
- Provide a full payroll service, including the provision of payslips.
- Manage payments to HMRC.
- Provide P45s.
- Set up new staff records.
- Maintain holiday records and ensure correct holiday payments made.
- Ensure all payments are in line with government legislation.
- Arrange Independent Examination or Audit, dependent on turnover,
- Prepare annual report and accounts for audit,
- Produce statutory accounts in the format required,
- Liaise with Investment Managers
- Pay regular and ad-hoc grants,
- Keep complete records in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Posting the Ad
- Filtering of applications
- Creating a shortlist
- Supporting interviews
- Taking up references
- Carrying out DBS checks
- Sending out all necessary correspondence
Send a Message
To contact us to discover how our services could support your charity operations, complete the contact form or complete the Date & Time options and we will call you back.